Superuser Reset and Change Password Procedure – Superuser Account
Superuser is a site for question and answers intended for computer enthusiasts and a power user. It runs as a part of Stack Exchange network of Q&A sites. Superuser website is run by individuals who either being member or not contribute in different ways to either increase traffic to the site or answer to the questions asked. The superuser website can be visited through following link https://superuser.com/. There are other sites like stack overflow that focuses mainly on the programming and coding portion of the questions. The members with the superuser team are working together to build a library of detailed answer to questions related to computer hardware or software. You can follow the steps of “Superuser Reset and Change Password” to change or reset your acccount password.
Steps for superuser reset and change password are given separately below. First let’s go for resetting the password of Superuser.
You reset your password when you have lost it or change anytime you want to. Either changing or resetting password, it can be done by following the steps below.
Superuser reset password:
Follow the steps below to reset the super user password
- First, visit the super user website from the following link https://superuser.com/ on the browser of your choice.
- Then, click on “log in” on the top right corner of the webpage.
- After that, you will have the fields to enter your details of log in, click on “forget” button just above “log in” button as in picture below.
- Then, you will be redirected to a page asking for your registered email address, fill in the address and click on “send recovery email” button.
- After that, you will receive a mail from super user team with the link to reset password. Then, just click on “reset your password here” button in blue colour.
- After you click on the button, you will be redirected to a webpage asking you to enter new password.
- Enter desired password and click on “Recover Account” button. You will be logged into your super user profile. Now onwards, you will be required to login to your superuser account with new superuser login
Superuser change password:
To change password, you will need to login in to your super user account in the super user website.
- Once you are logged in to your account, click on the profile picture on the top right corner of the webpage. You will be redirected to your profile as below.
- Click on “Edit Profile & Setting” tab, where under Site settings option, you will find “My Logins” tab.
- Clicking on the tab, you will be presented to page as below, just click on change password.
- On next screen, you will be redirected to a page which will ask for the current and new password.
- Enter current and new password and you are done changing your super user account password.
Hence, following these simple steps given in the “Superuser Reset and Change Password”, you can reset and change your superuser account password. If you talk about stack overflow vs superuser, its simple, stack overflow is a site intended for programmers and coders in general and superuser is targeted towards every other computer enthusiasts and power users. The superuser community is know for having only question and answer and no other discussion or chit chat in general.