Reset NETGEAR Router Password
NETGEAR allows its users to recover their password as well as they allows you to reset as Factory reset. Factory reset will erase all the configurations that you have made earlier. So, it will be better if you recover your password. If you forget your password and cannot get accessed to it then simply following the steps mentioned in “Reset NETGEAR Router Password” you reset NETGEAR router password easily.
To recover your NETGEAR router password, follow the steps from “Reset NETGEAR Router Password” mentioned as:
- So, first you need to open your browser and in the address field of your browser, you need to type routerlogin.net which will open a login window.
- There you need to click the “Cancel” button. So, if password recovery is enabled, you are prompted to enter the serial number of the router. The serial number can be found on the product label.
- As you find it, enter the serial number of the router in the respective area. Then click on the “Continue” button.
- After that the screen will display the requesting to answers to your security questions. So, you need to answer the saved answers to your security questions.
- After that, you need to click the “Continue” button. This step will display your recovered password in the screen. Then you need to click on the “Login again” button.
- Then a login window opens with your recovered password, and that will make you log in to the router. So it was easy. If not then you can try factory reset.
To factory reset your NETGEAR router, you can follow these steps:
- So, check your back side of the router and you will see the Restore Factory Settings or “Reset” button are located. Normally every router has this buttons.
- In some routers that are latest versions, they will find the small hole which is the Reset button. So, you will need to use a paper clip or similar object to press and hold the “Restore Factory Settings” or “Reset” button for about seven seconds.
- As you press for about 7 seconds, you need to release the “Restore Factory Settings” or “Reset” button and wait for your router to reboot. So, it will automatically reboots.
- After you reboot your router, the factory reset is also done. The Power light stops blinking and lights solid green and you’re Wi-Fi or any other connections will be free.
Note: The Power light on newer router models lights solid white.
The factory default settings are restored now. So, you can set the router again with new configuration are some changes with old one.