Google account is the main account of the Google where a person can access to many services with this account. This can give you access to Gmail, Hangouts, and other services as well. You can change password for the update security. You can reset your Google password if you forgot your password. In case, you forgot your password, you can recover it by resetting your password.
To reset Google password , you can follow these steps:
- From the login page in the password writing tab, you will see “Forgot password?” text. By clicking on that option, you will be asked to enter the last password that you remember. Then they will ask you if they can send a resetting link in a recovery email or verify code in your mobile number.
- To continue with recovery email, you will need to check your recovery email address for the code. And there, copy the code for the process. Or if you continue with the phone number then you will receive a SMS with code. There you can type the received code in the process and continue.
- After continuing, you will be able to enter your new password. The password should be strong enough that no one can guess and you should remember. And you need to type it twice for the verification and confirmation. And after all you need to save the changes.
- After all you will be able to sign in with new password. You need to sign out before leaving the device that you were using before finish using account.
- Please remember that, the reset Google password and account recovery steps may vary from accounts to accounts because that depends on the verification method you are required to go through.
- Sometimes you can easily get a recovery code in your mobile device or email address, sometimes you may have to answer some questions like the account created date, etc.
From here, you can follow the steps to change Google password:
- You need to first sign in to your to your Google account
- Go to my accounts page. For that you need to click on the profile picture on top right corner and then you will get drop down option where you can see “My Account” button. You need to click on that body.
- Under “Sign-in & security” tab, you will see “Password & sign-in method”. There you will see your password changed time and arrow button. There you need click on the tab and then you will open a page where you need to enter your password again click on the next button.
- After than in next page, you will get to enter a new password. You will get two blanks where you need to re-type the new password in the second blank. After choosing your strong password, you need to click on the “Change Password” button to save the changes.
- The new password is used to sign in for the next time in any device so you need to remember it.