Skype is an online social media in which you have video chat, call with the person you would like to. It helps us to connect with our friends and family members like other social media does. In Skype you can send a text message as well. In case if you find yourself locked out of Skype because you forgot the password or you lost a password then you can reset Skype password. To create a Skype account you need Microsoft account. If you want to change your skype password, this article is for you.
The following are the steps to Reset Skype Password which is discussed below:
- At first you need to open a browser which you have in your PC and then visit the Skype “Password Reset Request” page or https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx this link to request a new temporary password.
- When you link on this link there you can see three options over there and they are: “I forgot my password”, “I know my password, but can’t sign in”, “I think someone else is using my Microsoft account” among those you have to tick the first option.
- Click on the “Next” button for the further steps and you need to write your email address or phone number and there you can see a characters are given over there which you need to type in given textbox and click in the “Next” button.
- Select which method you want to reset your password either you can choose through SMS in your mobile number or if you don’t have any of these option you can chose the second option.
- First option is SMS in your phone where you will receive a message with six digit code in your registered number and you need to enter the code in the given blank textbox for recovering your Microsoft account.
- In second option you need to write a contact email address in a blank textbox and click in the “Next” button. You will receive a mail with code in your secondary recovery email address that you have registered. You need to write that code in the process and then click in the “Verify” button for next step.
- Fill a form with few questions from a device and location that you have used before with this Microsoft account and click in the “Next” button again.
- You need to fill some other questions in the next page and click in the next button for the further processing.
- You will be able to create a new password. So, there you need to create a strong password that should not be guessed by others. You need to enter your new password twice for the confirmation.
- After all, you need to save the changes and then you will be ready to go with the new password.