Hikvision is the company that produces different types of security camera and its services. To implement these services, you will need to set the account first like in routers. If you forgot the login password then you can do Hikvision Password Reset.
For Hikvision Password Reset, you can follow these steps:
- First of all, make sure that you have a computer that is on-site and have the SADP tool software installed already. If not then you can download it first. For that you need to go for the link that is provided by Hikvision You will get that tool there.
- As you see that the tool is installed, now you need to open up the SADP tool on your computer or any other computer that is connected to the same network as the DVR does.
- Then as you open the tool, on the SADP screen you will need to click on the DVR and then you will need to locate the “Device Serial No.” on the right hand side of the screen.
- After that, you need to highlight and then need to right-click and copy that “Device Serial No.” you can highlight the no. and press “Ctrl” + ‘C’ key on the keyboard to copy.
- As you copy the no., you will need to go to the http://1800dvr.com/ on your browser. As you open the page, you will need to go for the Support option from the navigation bar. As you click on it, you will get the drop down options from where you need to choose the IVMS
- Then in that page on the right side of the screen, you will see a small box written in a light color text “Serial Number”, where you need to paste the “Device Serial No.”
- Then there you need to delete everything from “DS” to “SL” from the Device Serial No. (i.e. DS-7216HWI-SLxxxxxxxx). After this, a security code will be provided to you which you need to copy and then go back to the SADP tool.
- Then, at the bottom right of the screen, you will see another blank under “Password Recovery” where you need to paste the security code and click “OK” button.
- After that it will be reset and the password is now reset to the default password and i.e. 12345 and you are now free from the clutches of Tech Support. After this you are done. To be more secure you can change password again but make sure that you remember that password.